This post has been a long time coming. I think I was just scared to write down how I felt about all this. First off let me say this, the people who talk the most do the least. The more they talk the less they do do. Action speaks louder than words. I consider myself a straight forward person, no bull shit just do what I say and that’s it. That being said I feel almost embarrassed not reaching financial goals I outlined in the last few months. When I said I wanted x amount of dollars it should have happened. Everyone has their ups and downs like it or not it is part of life. I’m not superman and negativity can get the better part of me, this is where MotionGroove.com always kicks in.
I have put up many posts regarding financial successes and goals that I have achieved and there have been big ones, from my point of view anyways. Considering I came from being a carpenter/ cabinet maker, I can hopefully give myself a pat on the back for what I have done with myself in the last 10 years of my life.
Things change and when that happens you need to go with the flow. I for one am surprisingly not happy when change comes, especially when it affects me in a negative fashion. I’m almost 40 now and I seem to get stuck in my ways. I need to push myself in order to move forward. My industry is ever changing, always evolving and I need to evolve with it. If I wanted to remain at a place with no change I should have stayed working as a cabinet maker making $17.27 per hour, I would be better off. Yeah right.
Focus is the key to success, you need to know what you want and you do not stop until you get what you want, NO MATTER WHAT! What the fuck is the point of wanting something if you don’t even get or achieve it? Wasted energy my friends. The question really is what do I want? I have had so many changes hit me this years it’s pretty amazing. Where do I go from here?
Personally for me, I’m a fighter. I hate giving up, I have too much pride to quit. It could be a reason I hate change. I am scared of the unknown, I am scared of failure. I am in it to win it, losing at anything gets me super pissed, sometimes depressed. These are things I have learned about myself. It’s time to get back on track.
Where to go from here:
- I have to set my alarm clock for 5:00 am wake up, every day people. This will give me ample time to finish what I need to get done.
- A daily goal list of things I want and need to get done.
- I need to continue pushing myself forward, try new things test various projects out.
- Don’t be so hard on myself. I know when I have tried as hard as I could. I did everything I could and other shit gets in the way let it go, it’s not my fault.
- If I was making $3,000 profit per day, maybe today is different. You can only do as much as you can. Things change, find new ways to make that revenue. Think outside of your box, more money is waiting for you around the corner.
- Real estate time – Prices are slowing in Vancouver and I am planning on buying possibly 2 more condos this year in Vancouver.
This post seem to go all over but I needed to get my thoughts on the screen, so I can go from here. It’s my own way of clearing my head so I can make room in my mind for what is coming next. I may sound like things are falling off of a cliff but in reality anyone would dream to be in the position I am. I am hard on myself and this post proves it once again. Some people are happy with what they have but I want more, why? I have no clue but I am in a competition with myself to be the best that I can be. It’s a never ending competition and the only winner in this competition is me. Happiness and sadness are a fine line for me anyways. I need to push myself to be who I truly am. If I’m not busting my ass I don’t feel good, I need to sweat to smile. This is how I live my life, 100% or nothing. Onward and upward.
This time around public, I need to make them happen privately. Focus, focus, focus, the law of attraction works. I am living proof, even though I talk myself out of it sometimes, stupid me. Negativity will kill your inner self, my inner self. Here it to reaching my goals…
I figured I better post these photos before they become non relevant, since I am in Vancouver now. Well it was fun while it lasted. We stayed in Vegas for almost 6 sun filled weeks, it was awesome! We walked daily for about an hour, felt great with the sun in our faces, wearing shorts and t-shirts. Buying that condo in Vegas was one of the best decisions I have ever made, it feels so good to be able to getaway anytime we want.
I’m back in Vancouver looking at the rain outside and wondering why the f*ck we even came back to the “most beautiful city on earth” (Vancouver?!). In any case now I can focus on the work tasks as hand with no distractions of nice weather, LOL. Driving wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, 20 hours to get there, with a night in Boise, Idaho in between Vancouver and Vegas.
Now it’s to get off my lazy ass and make some money!
I don’t like not making my goals and it seems the last time I blogged about getting back to my $1500 profit per day it didn’t happen. Why not?
- Part of it really has to do with me and my relaxed work ethic. Psychologically I think I am happy with the success I have achieved so I don’t work as hard as I should be or did in the past.
- I don’t push myself like I used, the end result is lower income. Another reason is feeling sorry for myself because I’m not making as much (stupid I know…). Money screws with your head, when you making tons of it you want more, when it comes in less amounts you get pissed off, angry etc.. Human beings are strange creatures, always wanting more and more, never being satisfied or happy with what they have already.
- Lastly the internet is constantly evolving and changing and many opportunities that I made hundreds of thousands of dollars from in the past aren’t there. Competition comes in and pretty soon you aren’t making money. Google chances how the rank websites and your AdSense earning dry up and so on. Surprisingly I still make about $1,100 month from Ad Sense, from informational websites I built in 2003-2006. I haven’t touched them in years since at least least 2006. $1,1000 isn’t a ton of cash but I get check for doing nothing. Back to the changing Internet, I found loopholes in search engine like Google, Yahoo and MSN that allowed to get very cheap targeted traffic to my sites and made a killing for years. Most of those loopholes are now closed unfortunately, however the money I made from these tactics has been invested in real estate safe and sound.
I made at least 2-3 million dollar in revenue from many, many loopholes that I found that will be forever closed. I am very grateful for being in the right place at the right time in many situations for many years. I basically milked every idea I had as long as I could, and still milking some now as I write this. Being resourceful has helped to cement my financial freedom for as long as I am alive and my kids (and grand children) will be taken care of long after I am gone 50-60 years from now, for that I am so VERY grateful for! I feel like I have done my duty as a provider, and it feels great to have achieved it.
Don’t count me out yet though, not even close. I still have some tricks up my sleeve I’m not going to slowdown and retire. I have too much energy to stop!
As for the local affiliate marketing I tried it with a local plumbing company, I made a website for them, I set up phone tracking so my client (plumber) knew that these calls were coming from me. So far from what I know he got 1 customer from it in about 1 month.
- The problem is this, he doesn’t answer the call every time because he is busy being a plumber, if he calls a few hours later then that potential customer may have gotten another plumber lined up for the job.
- I am paying for all the online advertising, so I get screwed because he isn’t on the ball!
- Also some plumbing jobs are just too small for this plumber to do, for instance changing a leaking faucet isn’t really worth it to him. I get 10% of each job, but it hasn’t worked out too well.
- Traffic for local marketing campaigns is much lower than a dating site where you can target millions of people. For instance for this plumbing client, I get anywhere from 5-13 clicks a day. This is enough to get a job per day you would think but apparently lots of the phone calls are people asking questions more than booking jobs.
- He has poor communication skills and takes him forever to call me back (many days usually).
I’m not too bummed out on this because I knew there were be problems that I wouldn’t be able to foresee until I actually had a campaign running. Local affiliate marketing definitely does work, because I track the phone calls the plumber is receiving. He is getting the calls but a factor of a few things really isn’t making this deal work out for me. Currently I lost around $250 roughly on this test, you live and learn. I don’t regret doing this project at all, I learned lots and I can use what I have learned on other clients that will pop up. I will be pausing the phone tracking as well as all my online advertising for this client. I wasted enough of my own time and money to try this out. If the client doesn’t want to put in much effort then I have no alternative. I don’t like chasing clients for their input or money. There are way too many other people who would love an opportunity to have a chance at expanding their client base and only pay for actual clients. Whatever, you live and learn…
Watch this video below it is very inspirational Will Smith is the man he is a driven man, so awesome!!! He never gives up he would rather “die on a treadmill”. This is how you achieve success, so simple but yet SOO POWERFUL. He understands the universe and a crazy work ethic. AWESOME. This video sums up how I feel…
heading out on the 20 hour drive from Vegas to Vancouver
stopping for gas in some Nevada desert gas station
through the Nevada desert..
cool rock formations in the Nevada desert..
Nevada highway patrol
creepy little town in Nowhereville, Nevada USA
Once you get to Western Idaho, it all changes and looks like Vancouver…
cool looking winding road…
Well it looks like people are interested in doing online marketing, so far the DJ that I have been doing online marketing for is slow. That is one problem I could have seen coming is the lack of traffic and searches for local searches as “Vancouver disc jockey”. Everything in life is about trial and error and you never know until you try. That’s ok though I have my second client sand will be starting on building a quick site to promote via paid marketing and start ranking for organic traffic.
Today, however I am preparing for the big road trip down to Las Vegas. The whole trip is a 20 hour drive from Vancouver and going through potato county (Idaho) and then to Las Vegas . We will be stopping in off in Boise, Idaho for the night and then be in Vegas by roughly 3-4 pm Friday. I am super stoked since the temperature is a nice balmy 28 celcuis! I can’t wait!
I have a whole list of people coming to visit, from my brother and his family, my mother in law, as well as my wife’s aunt and uncle. I have another friend going to down to Vegas who we will be meeting up with, as well as my 3 cousins and their spouses. It’s a full house. People from Vancouver love going to Las Vegas, it’s a cheap, quick get away.
Of course being the workaholic that I am, I will be working by the pool courtesy of the free wifi available from the clubhouse in my complex. I can’t wait to work by the pool, wee.
Well that’s about it for now. I need to do a bit of packing, then register a new domain name for the new local client that I will be doing online marketing for.
I took a screen shot from Google Maps of the exact route we will be taking to get down to Vegas. This is the 20 hours driving route, I could have taken the 1-5 route through Oregon and cut across Cali but I would rather save the 4 hours an drive through farm country. I can always take the scenic route on the way back if I want to.
Next post is from Vegas, ciao!!!!!!!
So, I have decided to change my business model slightly. I am still going to do affiliate marketing however now I am going to be targeting local businesses here in Vancouver and possibly in Las Vegas. The goal is to target local businesses who have a limited web presence and are not advertising online at the moment. There is a huge opportunity there for someone like me who can market online.
Here is an example:
Let’s say you have a dental practice in Vancouver and are looking to get new patients. The way to go about generating new business at a fraction of the cost of the Yellow Pages is the Internet. This is the absolute best way for you as a business owner to get the most bang for your buck, why?
Paying $500 month for a page ad in the Yellow Pages is old news. Wouldn’t you as a business like to pay for only individual people who actually contact you by email or phone? If someone is searching for “Burnaby dentist” or “Burnaby divorce lawyer”, then they come to your website (that I could create) and fill out a form so you can contact them back. You as a client only pay for the lead of a person who is truly interested in what you have to offer. This is called pay for performance. I get paid only when someone actually contacts you to set up and appointment to have their teeth cleaned or for a divorce consultation.
This is nothing new, just something I haven never focused on a local level. My marketing has always been international, from the UK to the US, and even Italy, until now. I feel the opportunities are endless for me using this local business model. The client would actually get a free trial and they would be able to evaluate the leads for a period of a few days to one month depending on how many leads they receive. If they get 40 leads from me that would be a sufficient number for them to contact those people and get business out of them. If they get business from my leads then we move on, and then they can begin paying for the leads they will receive as a result on my marketing efforts. Wouldn’t you want to work with me if it costed you nothing for a test run and then if only you were happy would you then start paying for leads sent to you? I thought so.
I am excited to get this up and running, and my first client should be up and running in the next few days. Honestly I feel that the sky is the absolute limit with this. If I wanted I could use this model in every city in the USA, Canada etc. For now I’m going to start small and then go from there, but this I feel is the beginning of something huge for me. I have done cold calling , so I know how to get clients. I know where to get clients and how to talk to them. The time is now, for me to start my next reinvention. I can see this business model making me $60,000 monthly in a 6 month time frame.
Today I am in the process of getting my PHP coding done (tracking, keywords searched, subids and information via a form to be sent to my client as well as myself.) I also plan to implement the technology of Google Voice to be able to track phone calls, right down to what people searched for on Google.
I have been trying to find a long lasting Internet marketing niche, that won’t die overnight and I think I finally found. The best part about this is that now I can help local business grow immensely. If you are a local business who wants to get customers from the Internet, then this is your chance.
3 Easy step process
- Risk free to you (I setup up the phone tracking, I create the website, I pay for all the advertising and you collect the leads for free. ) You pay for nothing.
- After a certain amount of days, weeks or certain amount of free leads, we can evaluate the quality of the leads I am generating for you, then you can choose to move forward or not.
- You start gaining more customers because of the Internet, and I purse more places to advertise for you,(remember I pay for all the advertising) . More clients, more $$ for you and for me. Everyone is happy.
In all honesty I truly believe that this is a huge opportunity for local business owners in Vancouver or anywhere for that matter. If you are interested in generating more business risk FREE, then contact me by using the form below.
It's hard for me to accept when things change (for the worse). I like to be able to know what to expect, and I like to be able to control my life so I can be happy with the results. First off I need to say that I am very grateful for everything in my life. I really shouldn't be angry or depressed about my life, in reality I truly have a dream life. The problem is that humans are never satisfied and I find myself to be a goal oriented person so if I am not meeting my personal expectations then I get all pissy. Being so hard on myself has allowed me to achieve huge financial success that I could have never dreamed of. The bad part is I am always hard on myself. I find it hard for me to relax and not worry about making that $1,000 day goal etc. Most people would think having so much success that you can just sit on your ass and smile the good life, but in reality you just end up wanting more (who doesn't right?). Is that good? It's good to have goals without them you are lost in the wind. I realized that putting so much stress on myself, makes all the success not fun to enjoy. It kinda sucks, if you can't be happy with your success…… It's not like I moap around all day, every day, but it's just when certain things aren't going my way I get a bit moody. What do I want? I am not a person who gives up, I always find that light at the end of the tunnel. I don't accept quitting, it's not something I do. I keep digging and digging until I find something that works. For me I want something stable. I want to promote something that will let rest easy so I know it will be around tomorrow. I have been at affiliate marketing for a long time now. I have seen many traffic sources get harder to promote though and I have always found a way back in, or find other places to advertise. I am like a little mouse, that finds that small crack in the wall and even if it's cold outside, I sneak in and find the warmth. My goals outlined:
- I want stable affiliate marketing income producing over $1500 profit every day for a very, very long time. This goal must be fulfilled by April 16, 2010.
- I will work the same amount of hours, not more than that (9-5 max).
- I want to be happy with my results as I should be already.
- I want the ability to control my emotions more.
- I will continue to expand the niches where I am already having success
I have been finding it difficult to focus lately and writing down my goals always helps me focus on what I want. Actually without this blog and me posting about my goals I'm sure my income wouldn't be near the level it is now. I make little money from my actual blog however the blogging helps me focus on what I want and that has helped profit immensly. I never actually thought about that before, but in a way I make huge money from my blog because of what my writing down my goals has helped me achieve. ** Remember what you focus on expands, so focus and think about what you want and it will come to you. Keep your thoughts clear and precise. Know what you want in want in life right down to every last detail and you will receive it. The law of attraction is always at work, like it or not. If you want to read an amazing blog on personal development and the power of positive thinking then check out StevePavlina.com. He is truly inspirational, his articles will make you really think about what you want in your life. That's it for now, I seriously feel much better just getting all my thoughts on my computer screen (funny how that seems to help..) To Success & $1500 days!